Books on Communication
- The Arbinger Institute. The Anatomy of Peace: Resolving the Heart of Conflict. Berrett-Koehler Publishers; 2nd edition 2015.
- Bradberry, Travis. Emotional Intelligence 2.0
- Rosenberg, Marshall B., and Gandhi, Arun. Nonviolent Communication: A Language of Life: Life-Changing Tools for Healthy Relationships. Puddledancer Press, 2003.
- Patterson, Kerry; Grenny, Joseph; McMillan, Ron; and Switzler, Al. Crucial Conversations: Tools for Talking When Stakes are High, 2nd ed. McGraw-Hill Education, 2011.
- Stone, Douglas; Patton, Bruce; Heen, Sheila. Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most. Penguin Books, 2010.
- Scott, Susan. Fierce Conversations: Achieving Success at Work and in Life One Conversation at a Time. NAL, 2004.
- Chapman, Gary. The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts. Northfield Publishing, 2015.
- Mountain Dreamer, Oriah. The Invitation. HarperOne, 2006.
- Dubin, Arlene. Prenups for Lovers: A Romantic Guide to Prenuptial Agreements. Villard, 2001.
Books for Coping Emotionally with Divorce
- Boorstein, Sylvia. It’s Easier Than You Think: The Buddhist Way to Happiness. HarperOne, 1997.
- Chopra, Deepak. What Are You Hungry For?:The Chopra Solution to Permanent WeightLoss, Well-Being, and Lightness of Soul. Harmony, 2014.
- Kubler-Ross, Elizabeth. On Grief and Grieving: Finding the Meaning of Grief Through the Five Stages of Loss. Macmillan, 1974.
- Shapiro, Rami. The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness: Preparing to Practice (The Art ofSpiritual Living). SkyLight Paths, 2006.
- Smoke, Jim. Growing Through Divorce. Harvest House Publishers, 1995.
- Josglow, Beth. Life Lessons: 50 Things I Learned from My Divorce. Avon Books, 1994.
- Shapiro, Rami. The Sacred Art of Lovingkindness: Preparing to Practice (The Art of Spiritual Living). SkyLight Paths, 2006.
Coping Emotionally with Divorce
- “The Psychological Stages of Divorce” by Diane Neumann
- “The Emotional Stages of Divorce” at Mediate.com
- “27 Simple Things to Start Doing for Your Happiness” MarcandAngel.com
- “Martha Graham on the Hidden Danger of Comparing Yourself to Others” Lifehack.org
- “10 Tips to Overcome Negative Thoughts: Positive Thinking Made Easy” TinyBuddha.com
- “How to Create a Short-Cut to Divorce Recovery” Dr. Karen Finn
for a free consultation!