There are many resources available to help you explore divorce and mediation, their effects on children and family, the options you have, and the support available before, during, and post-divorce.
Feel free to email BJ with your questions.
- BJ’s posts are organized by topic on this Content Index page.
- Looking for Spousal Maintenance and Child Support Calculators?
- The FAQs page answers some basic questions and provides information on income cap changes that affect child support and spousal maintenance.
- Search the site by using the box at the top of the right column.
- For pertinent books and external websites, click on the drop-down menu items listed under the “Resources” menu above. Here is what you will find on those pages:
- Divorce and Mediation Process Resources. Books, online resources, and Rochester NY divorce workshops.
- New York State Divorce and Child Custody Information. Find divorce information by state; official NYS divorce information; other sources about divorce in NYS; children, parenting and custody in NYS; grandparents’ rights in NYS.
- Economics and Finances of Divorce. Books and websites about divorce and money; divorce and property; managing finances well; health insurance; IRS federal taxes and divorce; Social Security and divorce; spousal maintenance in NYS; and business valuation.
- Credit Scores, Reports, and Divorce. Understanding credit; getting credit reports; understanding credit scores in general; credit scores and divorce.
- What Happens to Digital Assets in Divorce. How divorce affects digital assets such as books, games, and other digital content.
- Parenting During Separation and Divorce. Lots of sample checklists and parenting plans; resources located in Rochester NY.
- Helping Children Cope with Divorce. Books and websites for helping children; books about divorce for children.
- Pet Custody in Divorce. Pets have become very important to all members of the family.
- Better Communication in Divorce and Life. Books and resources on communication, relationships, and emotionally coping with divorce.
for a free consultation!