BJ Mann Mediation Services
Save Time, Pain and Money
BJ Mann Mediation Services
BJ Mann’s fair and affordable services help you resolve issues involved in separation and divorce quickly and affordably.
The solutions that she creates with you support you not only through the mediation process but long after the divorce is finalized.
BJ Mann’s specialty is working through all the issues as a neutral resource, especially in matters regarding care of the children, so that there are no surprises later. She offers affordable mediation services that save you time, pain, and money.
BJ Mann serves the greater Rochester NY region and offers day, evening, Saturday, and Sunday appointments. Start your divorce research here:
- Learn how to begin the end of your marriage.
- Understand the spousal maintenance and child support calculators.
- Use the table of contents to find helpful articles on BJ’s Divorce Wisdom Blog.
- Find key articles on telling the children and other topics at the bottom of every web page.
- Search this website using the Search box at the top of the right column of any page.
- Review the resources below for important information.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce
Your Go-To Handbook for a Better Divorce
Divorce does not have to be a bitter ordeal—and no one knows this better than BJ Mann, a leading divorce mediator in Upstate New York who has guided more than two thousand couples through the divorce mediation process.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce: A Fair and Affordable Way to End Your Marriage gives divorcing couples the information they need to take apart their relationship as equitably as possible and rebuild their individual lives. It provides clear explanations, concise worksheets, and detailed checklists to help navigate every aspect of divorce.
It’s Not One Divorce, It’s Four
Most talk about divorce implies it’s a one-dimensional activity: Two people decide they no longer want the legal relationship.
In fact, there are at least three parts to divorce, or four, if you have children:
- The Legal Divorce: Understanding the law, regulations, and guidelines in divorce can be a challenge.
- The Economic Divorce: Separating assets and finances is another kind of divorce.
- The Emotional Divorce: Divorce means both people need to disconnect emotionally and dismantle the couple relationship. If children are involved, a new relationship must be built between the parents to see to the children’s needs.
- The Children’s Divorce: Despite reassurances that the divorce isn’t their fault and both parents still love them, children also go through their own divorce from the life they knew.
BJ Mann guides you and helps you find resources for all four parts of divorce.
Your question is not here? Or need more information?
In addition to all the legal considerations, if you are a person of faith, you may want an annulment that also ends your marriage in the eyes of your religion. These methods have no legal standing, but they may be required if you want to marry again using a religious ceremony. The following is an […]
As with any legal proceeding, separation and divorce require a lot of paperwork. The first step each divorcing couple must take is to create a roadmap. This document describes how you will disassemble your marriage and distribute its practical and financial parts. If you have children, the roadmap also covers custody, child support, and parenting […]
A trial separation can have a lot of appeal for a couple thinking about divorcing. Sometimes it’s hard to finally admit that a marriage is actually over. At their consultation with me, they inquire how they can work out financials or parenting plans while they “just spend some time apart to see what happens.” If […]