BJ Mann Mediation Services
Save Time, Pain, and Money
BJ Mann Mediation Services
BJ Mann’s fair and affordable services help you resolve issues involved in separation and divorce quickly and affordably.
The solutions that she creates with you support you not only through the mediation process but long after the divorce is finalized.
BJ Mann’s specialty is working through all the issues as a neutral resource, especially in matters regarding care of the children, so that there are no surprises later. She offers affordable mediation services that save you time, pain, and money.
- 03/23/2020 Blog Post: Advice for modifying child support and alimony agreements
- 03/23/2020 WUHF Video: Divorced families and social distancing during coronavirus pandemic
- 03/26/2020 Blog Post: COVID-19: 7 Guidelines for Parents with Shared Custody
BJ Mann serves the greater Rochester NY region and offers day, evening, Saturday, and Sunday appointments. Start your divorce research here:
- Learn how to begin the end of your marriage.
- The current Combined Parental Income Amount value used in child support calculations.
- The current Spousal Maintenance Payor Income Cap Value used in spousal maintenance calculations.
- Understand the spousal maintenance and child support calculators.
- Use the table of contents to find helpful articles on BJ’s Divorce Wisdom Blog.
- Find key articles on telling the children and other topics at the bottom of every web page.
- Search this website using the Search box at the top of the right column of any page.
- Review the resources below for important information.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce
Your Go-To Handbook for a Better Divorce
Divorce does not have to be a bitter ordeal—and no one knows this better than BJ Mann, a leading divorce mediator in Upstate New York who has guided more than two thousand couples through the divorce mediation process.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce: A Fair and Affordable Way to End Your Marriage gives divorcing couples the information they need to take apart their relationship as equitably as possible and rebuild their individual lives. It provides clear explanations, concise worksheets, and detailed checklists to help navigate every aspect of divorce.
It’s Not One Divorce, It’s Four
Most talk about divorce implies it’s a one-dimensional activity: Two people decide they no longer want the legal relationship.
In fact, there are at least three parts to divorce, or four, if you have children:
- The Legal Divorce: Understanding the law, regulations, and guidelines in divorce can be a challenge.
- The Economic Divorce: Separating assets and finances is another kind of divorce.
- The Emotional Divorce: Divorce means both people need to disconnect emotionally and dismantle the couple relationship. If children are involved, a new relationship must be built between the parents to see to the children’s needs.
- The Children’s Divorce: Despite reassurances that the divorce isn’t their fault and both parents still love them, children also go through their own divorce from the life they knew.
BJ Mann guides you and helps you find resources for all four parts of divorce.
Your question is not here? Or need more information?
For divorced and separated parents, managing the care and custody of children can be a complicated task even in the best of times. While your children’s health and safety are always your top priority, the COVID-19 crisis has spawned logistical challenges to life with children never imagined before this. One of the best articles to […]
The COVID-19 virus is spreading chaos as well as disease. Every one of us has been affected by this unprecedented circumstance. No one can say with any certainty when the virus will be brought under control, so it’s difficult to cope and make plans. Within the past several weeks, personal financial situations have become volatile […]
In addition to all the legal considerations, if you are a person of faith, you may want an annulment that also ends your marriage in the eyes of your religion. These methods have no legal standing, but they may be required if you want to marry again using a religious ceremony. The following is an […]