BJ Mann Mediation Services
Save Time, Pain, and Money
BJ Mann Mediation Services
BJ Mann’s fair and affordable services help you resolve issues involved in separation and divorce quickly and affordably.
The solutions that she creates with you support you not only through the mediation process but long after the divorce is finalized.
BJ Mann’s specialty is working through all the issues as a neutral resource, especially in matters regarding care of the children, so that there are no surprises later. She offers affordable mediation services that save you time, pain, and money.
- 08/07/2020 Blog Post Update: Advice for modifying child support and alimony agreements
- 08/06/2020: COVID Co-Parenting
- 07/15/2020 Blog Post: Changing Your Divorce Separation Agreement
- 06/26/2020 Blog Post Update: Adding Insult to Injury: Taxes During Divorce
- 05/28/2020 Blog Post Update: Domestic Violence: This Changes Everything. If you or someone you know is experience violence at home, this article provides information on where to get help.
- 05/12/2020 WUHF Video: Having to live together even if marriage ends
- 03/26/2020 Blog Post: 7 Guidelines for Parents with Shared Custody
- 03/23/2020 WUHF Video: Divorced families and social distancing during coronavirus pandemic
For Parents During the COVID Crisis
BJ Mann offers reduced fees for post-divorce couples who want to work through school/parenting/work-related issues. To take advantage of this opportunity, contact BJ Mann on or before September 30, 2020.
BJ Mann serves the greater Rochester NY region and offers day, evening, Saturday, and Sunday appointments. Start your divorce research here:
- Learn how to begin the end of your marriage.
- The current Combined Parental Income Amount value used in child support calculations.
- The current Spousal Maintenance Payor Income Cap Value used in spousal maintenance calculations.
- Understand the spousal maintenance and child support calculators.
- Use the table of contents to find helpful articles on BJ’s Divorce Wisdom Blog.
- Find key articles on telling the children and other topics at the bottom of every web page.
- Search this website using the Search box at the top of the right column of any page.
- Review the resources below for important information.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce
Your Go-To Handbook for a Better Divorce
Divorce does not have to be a bitter ordeal—and no one knows this better than BJ Mann, a leading divorce mediator in Upstate New York who has guided more than two thousand couples through the divorce mediation process.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce: A Fair and Affordable Way to End Your Marriage gives divorcing couples the information they need to take apart their relationship as equitably as possible and rebuild their individual lives. It provides clear explanations, concise worksheets, and detailed checklists to help navigate every aspect of divorce.
It’s Not One Divorce, It’s Four
Most talk about divorce implies it’s a one-dimensional activity: Two people decide they no longer want the legal relationship.
In fact, there are at least three parts to divorce, or four, if you have children:
- The Legal Divorce: Understanding the law, regulations, and guidelines in divorce can be a challenge.
- The Economic Divorce: Separating assets and finances is another kind of divorce.
- The Emotional Divorce: Divorce means both people need to disconnect emotionally and dismantle the couple relationship. If children are involved, a new relationship must be built between the parents to see to the children’s needs.
- The Children’s Divorce: Despite reassurances that the divorce isn’t their fault and both parents still love them, children also go through their own divorce from the life they knew.
BJ Mann guides you and helps you find resources for all four parts of divorce.
Your question is not here? Or need more information?
The question every parent is asking is, what’s going to happen with school in the fall of 2020?. It’s hard to predict, but it’s essential to prepare. Most of schools in the Rochester NY area have submitted their plans for school openings. The majority are proposing a system that alternates days physically spent at school […]
Let’s say you and your spouse have worked hard via divorce mediation to create the Separation Agreement. You’re now transforming one life together into two separate lives. Maybe you’ve successfully completed your divorce, or the paperwork with the signed agreement is still working its way through the legal system. Then something happens. Life can change […]
Every mediation session has a discussion regarding taxes. Before you delve into the details below, I want to highlight some important concepts that my clients find valuable. This is for clients who file taxes individually after a divorce and refers only to filing your federal IRS tax return. You are married or not married for […]