BJ Mann Mediation Services
Save Time, Pain, and Money
BJ Mann Mediation Services
BJ Mann’s fair and affordable services help you resolve issues involved in separation and divorce quickly and affordably.
The solutions that she creates with you support you not only through the mediation process but long after the divorce is finalized.
BJ Mann’s specialty is working through all the issues as a neutral resource, especially in matters regarding care of the children, so that there are no surprises later. She offers affordable mediation services that save you time, pain, and money.
- 10/15/2020 Blog Post: Prepare Your Children for the Holiday Season and COVID
- 08/13/2020 Article: Advice for Divorced and Separated Parents: Decision-Making during COVID as featured on KidsOutandAbout.com’s Ultimate Parent Survival Guide to 2020-2021 (Rochester NY)
- 08/07/2020 Blog Post Update: Advice for modifying child support and alimony agreements
- 08/06/2020: COVID Co-Parenting
- 07/15/2020 Blog Post: Changing Your Divorce Separation Agreement
- 06/26/2020 Blog Post Update: Adding Insult to Injury: Taxes During Divorce
- 05/28/2020 Blog Post Update: Domestic Violence: This Changes Everything. If you or someone you know is experience violence at home, this article provides information on where to get help.
- 05/12/2020 WUHF Video: Having to live together even if marriage ends
- 03/26/2020 Blog Post: 7 Guidelines for Parents with Shared Custody
- 03/23/2020 WUHF Video: Divorced families and social distancing during coronavirus pandemic
BJ Mann serves the greater Rochester NY region and offers day, evening, Saturday, and Sunday appointments. Start your divorce research here:
- Learn how to begin the end of your marriage.
- The current Combined Parental Income Amount value used in child support calculations.
- The current Spousal Maintenance Payor Income Cap Value used in spousal maintenance calculations.
- Understand the spousal maintenance and child support calculators.
- Use the table of contents to find helpful articles on BJ’s Divorce Wisdom Blog.
- Find key articles on telling the children and other topics at the bottom of every web page.
- Search this website using the Search box at the top of the right column of any page.
- Review the resources below for important information.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce
Your Go-To Handbook for a Better Divorce
Divorce does not have to be a bitter ordeal—and no one knows this better than BJ Mann, a leading divorce mediator in Upstate New York who has guided more than two thousand couples through the divorce mediation process.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce: A Fair and Affordable Way to End Your Marriage gives divorcing couples the information they need to take apart their relationship as equitably as possible and rebuild their individual lives. It provides clear explanations, concise worksheets, and detailed checklists to help navigate every aspect of divorce.
It’s Not One Divorce, It’s Four
Most talk about divorce implies it’s a one-dimensional activity: Two people decide they no longer want the legal relationship.
In fact, there are at least three parts to divorce, or four, if you have children:
- The Legal Divorce: Understanding the law, regulations, and guidelines in divorce can be a challenge.
- The Economic Divorce: Separating assets and finances is another kind of divorce.
- The Emotional Divorce: Divorce means both people need to disconnect emotionally and dismantle the couple relationship. If children are involved, a new relationship must be built between the parents to see to the children’s needs.
- The Children’s Divorce: Despite reassurances that the divorce isn’t their fault and both parents still love them, children also go through their own divorce from the life they knew.
BJ Mann guides you and helps you find resources for all four parts of divorce.
Your question is not here? Or need more information?
Keeping your loved ones safe from the COVID virus is hard enough when everyone stays at home. The holiday season is a traditional time for gathering with family and friends, many of whom you may not see often during the rest of the year. You and your child may travel to visit them; they may […]
Every child has two parents, and every child deserves emotional and financial support from both parents. When an unmarried couple has a child together, they usually live in the same home. They likely work out the issues and finances of child care, custody, and child support informally as they go along. However, the situation becomes […]
The question every parent is asking is, what’s going to happen with school in the fall of 2020?. It’s hard to predict, but it’s essential to prepare. Most of schools in the Rochester NY area have submitted their plans for school openings. The majority are proposing a system that alternates days physically spent at school […]