BJ Mann Mediation Services
Save Time, Pain and Money
BJ Mann Mediation Services
BJ Mann’s fair and affordable services help you resolve issues involved in separation and divorce quickly and affordably.
The solutions that she creates with you support you not only through the mediation process but long after the divorce is finalized.
BJ Mann’s specialty is working through all the issues as a neutral resource, especially in matters regarding care of the children, so that there are no surprises later. She offers affordable mediation services that save you time, pain, and money.
BJ Mann serves the greater Rochester NY region and offers day, evening, Saturday, and Sunday appointments. Start your divorce research here:
- Learn how to begin the end of your marriage.
- Understand the spousal maintenance and child support calculators.
- Use the table of contents to find helpful articles on BJ’s Divorce Wisdom Blog.
- Find key articles on telling the children and other topics at the bottom of every web page.
- Search this website using the Search box at the top of the right column of any page.
- Review the resources below for important information.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce
Your Go-To Handbook for a Better Divorce
Divorce does not have to be a bitter ordeal—and no one knows this better than BJ Mann, a leading divorce mediator in Upstate New York who has guided more than two thousand couples through the divorce mediation process.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce: A Fair and Affordable Way to End Your Marriage gives divorcing couples the information they need to take apart their relationship as equitably as possible and rebuild their individual lives. It provides clear explanations, concise worksheets, and detailed checklists to help navigate every aspect of divorce.
It’s Not One Divorce, It’s Four
Most talk about divorce implies it’s a one-dimensional activity: Two people decide they no longer want the legal relationship.
In fact, there are at least three parts to divorce, or four, if you have children:
- The Legal Divorce: Understanding the law, regulations, and guidelines in divorce can be a challenge.
- The Economic Divorce: Separating assets and finances is another kind of divorce.
- The Emotional Divorce: Divorce means both people need to disconnect emotionally and dismantle the couple relationship. If children are involved, a new relationship must be built between the parents to see to the children’s needs.
- The Children’s Divorce: Despite reassurances that the divorce isn’t their fault and both parents still love them, children also go through their own divorce from the life they knew.
BJ Mann guides you and helps you find resources for all four parts of divorce.
Your question is not here? Or need more information?
Choosing the right divorce mediator who will work well with both of you is important. Take the time to consider the qualities you hope to find in the mediator you choose. Here are seven areas to research when choosing your divorce mediator. 1. Does the mediator have financial experience? Divorce has a lot of economic […]
When a family with children separates and occupies two different households, co-parenting requires sharing information, schedules, appointments, and events to keep life running smoothly. I asked my technology manager, Mary Anne Shew, to write a post with her thoughts and recommendations on how software apps can help separated/divorced parents stay up-to-date and reduce misunderstandings.—BJ When […]
Domestic violence is a difficult topic to discuss. Yet it must be asked about when a marriage is ending because, if it exists in the relationship, it complicates the divorce process. This post highlights what needs to be considered. Using Web Sites When Seeing Help Note there are links below to organizations working to end […]