BJ Mann Mediation Services
Save Time, Pain, and Money
BJ Mann Mediation Services
BJ Mann’s fair and affordable services help you resolve issues involved in separation and divorce quickly and affordably.
The solutions that she creates with you support you not only through the mediation process but long after the divorce is finalized.
BJ Mann’s specialty is working through all the issues as a neutral resource, especially in matters regarding care of the children, so that there are no surprises later. She offers affordable mediation services that save you time, pain, and money.
Online Divorce Mediation Services Available Across New York State
To cope with the pandemic and lockdowns, people everywhere took advantage of technology to continue to work and stay in touch. As a result, many services remain available through online tools even as in-person restrictions start to ease. This includes BJ Mann Divorce Mediation Services.
Online mediation sessions are convenient and eliminate travel time. Those benefits also reduce scheduling conflicts.
We’re all used to physical distancing due to the coronavirus pandemic, but even when health isn’t an issue, not having to meet face-to-face can be a plus—especially in a divorce.
BJ brings her decades of expertise and experience as a successful divorce mediator to clients from New York City to Alexandria Bay, from Albany to Buffalo, and everywhere in-between. She uses the Zoom video platform, which is accessible via a computer, tablet, or phone with an Internet connection. Of course, emails and phone calls remain available.
Her online complimentary initial consultation will help you decide whether this format works for you.
BJ Mann serves clients across New York State and offers day, evening, Saturday, and Sunday appointments. Start your divorce research here:
- Learn how to begin the end of your marriage.
- The current Combined Parental Income Amount value used in child support calculations.
- The current Spousal Maintenance Payor Income Cap Value used in spousal maintenance calculations.
- Understand the spousal maintenance and child support calculators.
- Use the table of contents to find helpful articles on BJ’s Divorce Wisdom Blog.
- Find key articles on telling the children and other topics at the bottom of every web page.
- Search this website using the Search box at the top of the right column of any page.
- Review the resources below for important information.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce
Your Go-To Handbook for a Better Divorce
Divorce does not have to be a bitter ordeal—and no one knows this better than BJ Mann, a leading divorce mediator in Upstate New York who has guided more than two thousand couples through the divorce mediation process.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce: A Fair and Affordable Way to End Your Marriage gives divorcing couples the information they need to take apart their relationship as equitably as possible and rebuild their individual lives. It provides clear explanations, concise worksheets, and detailed checklists to help navigate every aspect of divorce.
It’s Not One Divorce, It’s Four
Most talk about divorce implies it’s a one-dimensional activity: Two people decide they no longer want the legal relationship.
In fact, there are at least three parts to divorce, or four, if you have children:
- The Legal Divorce: Understanding the law, regulations, and guidelines in divorce can be a challenge.
- The Economic Divorce: Separating assets and finances is another kind of divorce.
- The Emotional Divorce: Divorce means both people need to disconnect emotionally and dismantle the couple relationship. If children are involved, a new relationship must be built between the parents to see to the children’s needs.
- The Children’s Divorce: Despite reassurances that the divorce isn’t their fault and both parents still love them, children also go through their own divorce from the life they knew.
BJ Mann guides you and helps you find resources for all four parts of divorce.
Your question is not here? Or need more information?
UPDATE May 2021. One of the biggest divorce issues is determining the health insurance options that are available for the family during the separation and after the divorce. The Affordable Care Act (also referred to as “ObamaCare”) was passed in 2008, making health insurance accessible to everyone. Before that law, health insurance was largely only […]
Resolving conflicts in divorce can be painful and frustrating. When you know a conflict is brewing and dealing with it is inevitable, what do you do? A) Twitch? B) Stop breathing? C) Feel like running away? D) Enjoy the learning opportunity? An informal poll reveals that most people would not choose D. The other choices […]
When a divorce brings lots of conflict to the surface between parents, sometimes it can degrade into a situation where one or both parents begin to involve the children in the disagreements. For example, one parent may divulge inappropriate, negative, or even inaccurate details about the other’s behavior or situation. Determining Parental Alienation Can Be […]