BJ Mann Mediation Services
Save Time, Pain, and Money
BJ Mann Mediation Services
BJ Mann’s fair and affordable services help you resolve issues involved in separation and divorce quickly and affordably.
The solutions that she creates with you support you not only through the mediation process but long after the divorce is finalized.
BJ Mann’s specialty is working through all the issues as a neutral resource, especially in matters regarding care of the children, so that there are no surprises later. She offers affordable mediation services that save you time, pain, and money.
- 12/23/2020 WUHF-TV Video: How divorced families can navigate the holiday season, both the bright spots and the difficulties
- 10/30/2020 WUHF-TV Video: Fighting fairly amid pandemic stress and avoiding “SCABS”
- 10/15/2020 Blog Post: Prepare Your Children for the Holiday Season and COVID
- 08/13/2020 Article: Advice for Divorced and Separated Parents: Decision-Making during COVID as featured on KidsOutandAbout.com’s Ultimate Parent Survival Guide to 2020-2021 (Rochester NY)
- 08/07/2020 Blog Post Update: Advice for modifying child support and alimony agreements
- 08/06/2020: COVID Co-Parenting
- 07/15/2020 Blog Post: Changing Your Divorce Separation Agreement
- 06/26/2020 Blog Post Update: Adding Insult to Injury: Taxes During Divorce
- 05/28/2020 Blog Post Update: Domestic Violence: This Changes Everything. If you or someone you know is experience violence at home, this article provides information on where to get help.
- 05/12/2020 WUHF Video: Having to live together even if marriage ends
- 03/26/2020 Blog Post: 7 Guidelines for Parents with Shared Custody
- 03/23/2020 WUHF Video: Divorced families and social distancing during coronavirus pandemic
BJ Mann serves the greater Rochester NY region and offers day, evening, Saturday, and Sunday appointments. Start your divorce research here:
- Learn how to begin the end of your marriage.
- The current Combined Parental Income Amount value used in child support calculations.
- The current Spousal Maintenance Payor Income Cap Value used in spousal maintenance calculations.
- Understand the spousal maintenance and child support calculators.
- Use the table of contents to find helpful articles on BJ’s Divorce Wisdom Blog.
- Find key articles on telling the children and other topics at the bottom of every web page.
- Search this website using the Search box at the top of the right column of any page.
- Review the resources below for important information.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce
Your Go-To Handbook for a Better Divorce
Divorce does not have to be a bitter ordeal—and no one knows this better than BJ Mann, a leading divorce mediator in Upstate New York who has guided more than two thousand couples through the divorce mediation process.
A Better, Not Bitter Divorce: A Fair and Affordable Way to End Your Marriage gives divorcing couples the information they need to take apart their relationship as equitably as possible and rebuild their individual lives. It provides clear explanations, concise worksheets, and detailed checklists to help navigate every aspect of divorce.
It’s Not One Divorce, It’s Four
Most talk about divorce implies it’s a one-dimensional activity: Two people decide they no longer want the legal relationship.
In fact, there are at least three parts to divorce, or four, if you have children:
- The Legal Divorce: Understanding the law, regulations, and guidelines in divorce can be a challenge.
- The Economic Divorce: Separating assets and finances is another kind of divorce.
- The Emotional Divorce: Divorce means both people need to disconnect emotionally and dismantle the couple relationship. If children are involved, a new relationship must be built between the parents to see to the children’s needs.
- The Children’s Divorce: Despite reassurances that the divorce isn’t their fault and both parents still love them, children also go through their own divorce from the life they knew.
BJ Mann guides you and helps you find resources for all four parts of divorce.
Your question is not here? Or need more information?
Ongoing financial support of children or an ex-spouse may be part of the arrangements made in your divorce. If so, consider the difficulties the ex-spouse or the dependent children may have if the party responsible for those payments has an untimely death. While it’s possible for the surviving custodial parent to pursue several ways to […]
I have been right where you’re standing today, looking at twenty-five years of marriage that ended suddenly. I was a corporate executive, I had my children, I was active in the community, and I had believed that I had a marriage that would go the distance. I was devastated and referred to myself as a […]
One of the biggest challenges in divorce mediation is helping a couple organize their money to support their separate lives. A comprehensive yet flexible and easy-to-use divorce budget worksheet is indispensable tool for gathering and working with that data. Managing the Emotions Involved in Dealing with Money Money is often a difficult topic in any […]