This page organizes BJ’s articles and blog posts by divorce topic. If you’re looking for her latest posts, go to List of Blog Posts. The site’s Search function is located at the top of the right-hand column on every page.
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please contact BJ, and she’ll be glad to help.
Coping with COVID-19 Crisis
- 03/23/2020 Blog Post: COVID-19: Modification of Child Support and Alimony Due to the Virus
- 03/23/2020 WUHF Video: Divorced families and social distancing during coronavirus pandemic
- 03/26/2020 Blog Post: COVID-19: 7 Guidelines for Parents with Shared Custody
- But I Still Love Him (Article)
- This Marriage Is Over for Me (Article)
- One More Try—Counseling (Article)
- Why Divorce Mediation Works
- Why Choose Divorce Mediation: An Infographic
- 9 Reasons to Use Divorce Mediation
- How to Choose a Divorce Mediator
- How NY Divorce Laws Might Affect YOU
- Domestic Violence: This Changes Everything
- How to Begin the End of Your Marriage
- The Valley of Indecision: Trial Separation
- The Big Decision: How to Start a Divorce
- Finding Your Way Using Divorce Mediation
- Your Divorce Checklist
- The Gray Divorce: Baby Boomers at 50 and Beyond
- Dictionary of Divorce Terms
The Divorce Agreement
- The Most Important Document in Divorce
- Processing the Divorce Legal Paperwork
- Annulment: How to End Your Marriage According to Your Religion
- Is My Divorce Separation Agreement Enforceable?
- The Wolf Is At the Door—Sharing Money in Divorce
- A Price Tag on Emotions: Divorce Math
- Divorce and Assets: Marital Versus Separate Property
- Divorce and the Marital Home
- Valuing a Business in a Divorce
- Divorce and Your Credit: Myths and Facts
- Divorce and Bankruptcy
- Digital Assets and Divorce
- Digital Divorce: Managing Family Logins and Passwords
- Spousal Maintenance Part 1 – What Is It?
- Spousal Maintenance Part 2 – Temporary
- Spousal Maintenance Part 3 – Post-Divorce
- Spousal Maintenance Part 4 – Calculations
- Divorce and the IRS: The Alimony Recapture Rule
Parenting and Divorce
- The Top Dozen Parenting Issues in Divorce
- Creating a Good Divorce Parenting Plan for Your Children
- Divorce Parenting Plans That Work
- What Else Does Your Parenting Plan Need to Have?
- Co-Parenting: There’s an App for That
- Holidays, Your Divorce, and Your Children: Making It Work
- Pet Custody in Divorce
- Successful Joint Custody in Divorce Means No Surprises
- How to Help Kids Cope with a Parent’s New Romance
- Relocation and Children in Divorce
Children and Family
- What Is the Number One Source of Marital Conflict?
- Relationship Wisdom from a Six-Year-Old Girl
- Does a Prenuptial Agreement Lead to Divorce?
- Must Love Dogs: A Relationship Plan
- On Fifty Years of Marriage
Divorce Support and Healing
- Divorce Support: Neutral Ground, Rochester NY
- Divorce Support: Solid Sources of Practical Advice
- 5 Tips to Support Your Friend Going Through a Divorce
- The Five Stages of Divorce
- An Unexpected Source of Healing in Divorce
- When Hopin’ Ends, the Healin’ Begins
- Top 10 Ways to Heal During Divorce
- What Is Your Divorce Mask?
- Some of the Most Beautiful Gifts Come in Ugly Wrapping Paper
- Three Tips for the Winter Solstice–and Living Through a Divorce
- New Year’s Resolutions and Divorce
This blog and its materials have been prepared by BJ Mediation Services for informational purposes only and are not intended to be, are not, and should not be regarded as, legal or financial advice. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.