How to Find Divorce Mediation Information
- Access BJ’s blog posts in two ways:
- Her latest posts are available here: BJ’s Blog.
- Go to the list of BJ’s articles and blog posts by divorce topic below.
- The site’s Search function is located at the top of the right-hand column on every page.
- The Divorce Resources page provides links to a wide range of other divorce-related websites and as well as books.
If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please contact BJ, and she’ll be glad to help.
Coping with COVID-19 Crisis
- 12/23/2020 WUHF-TV Video: How divorced families can navigate the holiday season, both the bright spots and the difficulties
- 10/30/2020 WUHF-TV Video: Fighting fairly amid pandemic stress and avoiding “SCABS”
- 10/15/2020 Blog Post: Prepare Your Children for the Holiday Season and COVID
- 08/13/2020 Article: Advice for Divorced and Separated Parents: Decision-Making during COVID as featured on KidsOutandAbout.com’s Ultimate Parent Survival Guide to 2020-2021 (Rochester NY)
- 08/06/2020 Blog Post: COVID-19: Co-Parenting Checklist for the Return to School; WUHF Video: Checklist for divorced, divorcing parents ahead of new school year; Checklist: Co-Parenting Checklist for Back-to-School During COVID.
- 08/07/2020 Blog Post Update: Advice for modifying child support and alimony agreements
- 07/15/2020 Blog Post: Changing Your Divorce Separation Agreement
- 06/26/2020 Blog Post: UPDATED for 2020: Adding Insult to Injury: Taxes During Divorce
- 05/28/2020 Blog Post: Domestic Violence: This Changes Everything. If you or someone you know is experience violence at home, this article provides information on where to get help.
- 05/12/2020 WUHF Video: Having to live together even if marriage ends
- 03/23/2020 WUHF Video: Divorced families and social distancing during coronavirus pandemic
- 03/26/2020 Blog Post: COVID-19: 7 Guidelines for Parents with Shared Custody
- But I Still Love Him (Article)
- This Marriage Is Over for Me (Article)
- One More Try—Counseling (Article)
- Why Divorce Mediation Works
- Why Choose Divorce Mediation: An Infographic
- 9 Reasons to Use Divorce Mediation
- How to Choose a Divorce Mediator
- How NY Divorce Laws Might Affect YOU
- Domestic Violence: This Changes Everything
- How to Begin the End of Your Marriage
- The Valley of Indecision: Trial Separation
- The Big Decision: How to Start a Divorce
- Finding Your Way Using Divorce Mediation
- Your Divorce Checklist
- The Gray Divorce: Baby Boomers at 50 and Beyond
- Dictionary of Divorce Terms
The Divorce Agreement
- The Most Important Document in Divorce
- Processing the Divorce Legal Paperwork
- Annulment: How to End Your Marriage According to Your Religion
- Is My Divorce Separation Agreement Enforceable?
- Changing Your Divorce Separation Agreement
- How Life Insurance Works in Divorce
- The Best (and Free) Divorce Budget Spreadsheet
- The Wolf Is At the Door—Sharing Money in Divorce
- A Price Tag on Emotions: Divorce Math
- Divorce and Assets: Marital Versus Separate Property
- Divorce and the Marital Home
- Valuing a Business in a Divorce
- Divorce and Your Credit: Myths and Facts
- Divorce and Bankruptcy
- Digital Assets and Divorce
- Digital Divorce: Managing Family Logins and Passwords
- Anything But My Pension: Divorce Math
- Divorce and 401Ks and IRAs
- Social Security Benefits After Divorce
Insurance, Taxes, Wills
- Organizing Child Support in Divorce-Part 1
- Organizing Child Support in Divorce-Part 2
- Divorce and Paying for College
- Divorce and College Financial Aid
NYS Maintenance and Child Support Calculator
Provided by Joy S. Rosenthal, Esq: New York State Maintenance and Child Support Calculator.
Parenting and Divorce
- Parental Alienation: Poisoning the Well
- The Top Dozen Parenting Issues in Divorce
- Creating a Good Divorce Parenting Plan for Your Children
- Divorce Parenting Plans That Work
- What Else Does Your Parenting Plan Need to Have?
- Co-Parenting: There’s an App for That
- Holidays, Your Divorce, and Your Children: Making It Work
- Pet Custody in Divorce
- Successful Joint Custody in Divorce Means No Surprises
- How to Help Kids Cope with a Parent’s New Romance
- Relocation and Children in Divorce
Children and Family
- What Is the Number One Source of Marital Conflict?
- Relationship Wisdom from a Six-Year-Old Girl
- Does a Prenuptial Agreement Lead to Divorce?
- Must Love Dogs: A Relationship Plan
- On Fifty Years of Marriage
Divorce Support and Healing
- Divorce Support: Neutral Ground, Rochester NY
- Divorce Support: Solid Sources of Practical Advice
- 5 Tips to Support Your Friend Going Through a Divorce
- The Five Stages of Divorce
- An Unexpected Source of Healing in Divorce
- When Hopin’ Ends, the Healin’ Begins
- Top 10 Ways to Heal During Divorce
- What Is Your Divorce Mask?
- Some of the Most Beautiful Gifts Come in Ugly Wrapping Paper
- Three Tips for the Winter Solstice–and Living Through a Divorce
- New Year’s Resolutions and Divorce
- Rebuilding Your Life After Divorce
This blog and its materials have been prepared by BJ Mediation Services for informational purposes only and are not intended to be, are not, and should not be regarded as, legal or financial advice. Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon this information without seeking professional counsel.