Books about Divorce and Money
- Woodhouse, Violet, and Collins, Victoria F. Divorce and Money: How to Make the Best Financial Decisions During Divorce, 4th ed. Nolo, 1998.
- Wilson, Carol Ann. The Financial Advisor’s Guide to Divorce Settlement: Helping Your Clients Make Sound Financial Decisions. Irwin Professional Publishing, 1996.
- Wilson, Carol Ann, and Schilling III, Edwin. The Survival Manual for Women in Divorce: 185 Questions and Answers About Your Rights. Quantum Press, 2000.
Online Resources about Divorce and Money
- Divorce and Money. WomansDivorce.com
- “22 Tips to Transform Your Financial Life After a Divorce.” AOL Finance,
- Women’s Institute for Financial Education (WIFE): WIFE Money Clubs and Nationwide Directory of Second Saturday Divorce Workshops. Rochester NY Second Saturday Workshop.
- From DivorceHelp.com: “The Business of Divorce”
Divorce and Property
- Consumer Credit Counseling Service
- “Marriage & Property Ownership: Who Owns What?” Nolo.com.
- “New York State Equitable Distribution & Divorce: FAQs” DivorceNet at Nolo.com.
- “3 Tips For Dividing Marital Property During Divorce.” Divorce Support at about.com
- “Divorce & Property Rights” New York City Bar.
Managing Finances Well
- The Simple Dollar: Financial Advice for the Rest of Us. TheSimpleDollar.com
- “How to Budget When You’re Broke.” TwoCents.Lifehacker.com
- Living Well, Spending Less. “Smart Money” on LivingWellSpendingLess.com
- National Health Insurance Exchange: Healthcare.gov
- New York State of Health Marketplace: Individuals & Families FAQ.
- “New York State Health Insurance Rules When Getting a Divorce.” Legalzoom.com
IRS Federal Taxes and Divorce
- “Change Your Name? It Can Affect Your Taxes” IRS.gov.
- IRS Publication 504: Divorced or Separated Individuals (for use in preparing federal tax returns). IRS.gov
Social Security and Divorce
- “Divorce and Women’s Social Security Retirement Benefits” SSA.gov
- “Social Security: What Every Woman Should Know.” Scroll to “If you’re divorced” section. SSA.gov
- “Ex-Spouse Benefits and You.” SSA blog.
- “Survivors Planner: Benefits For Your Surviving Divorced Spouse” SSA.gov
- “Claiming Social Security After a Divorce” Garland, Susan, Kiplinger Magazine
- “Social Security Survivor Benefits After Divorce” FindLaw.com
- “Spousal Maintenance in New York” DivorceNet by Nolo
- “5 Things To Know About Getting An Accurate Business Valuation” Lerner, Michelle, Forbes
- “3 Business Valuation Methods” thebalance.com
- “Business Valuation” Investopedia.com
Email bj mann or call 585-234-8740 today
for a free consultation!
for a free consultation!