Books about Helping Children Cope with Divorce
- Cox, Meg. The Book of New Family Traditions (Revised and Updated): How to Create Great Rituals for Holidays and Every Day. Running Press, 2012.
- Faraone, Stephen. Straight Talk About Your Child’s Mental Health. The Guilford Press, 2003.
- Lansky, Vicki. Vicki Lansky’s Divorce Book for Parents: Helping Your Child Cope with Divorce and Its Aftermath. Third Edition, The Book Peddlers, 2009.
- Neuman, M. Gary; Romanowski, Patricia. Helping Your Kids Cope with Divorce the Sandcastles Way. Random House, 1999.
- Ricci, Isolina. Mom’s House, Dad’s House: Making two homes for your child. Touchstone, 1997.
- Wallerstein, Judith. What About the Kids? Raising Your Children Before, During and After Divorce. Hachette Books, 2004.
- Pedro-Carroll, Joanne. Putting Children First: Proven Parenting Strategies for Helping Children Thrive Through Divorce. Avery, 2010.
Online Resources about Helping Children Cope with Divorce
- “5 Signs That It’s Time to Seek Outside Help for a Struggling Child.” Dell’Antonia, KJ, New York Times.
- “When Children Need Therapy.” Thompson Jr., Dennis, Everyday Health.
- “Child Behavior During Divorce (Checklist).” DivorceSource.com.
- “Helping Kids Cope with Separation and Divorce.” HelpGuideorg.
- “Is Divorce Bad for Children?” Scientific American.
- “Helping Children Survive Divorce: The Myth of the Mature Teen.” Psychology Today.
- “Children of Divorce List Their Holiday Do’s and Don’ts.” Mercer, Diane, HuffingtonPost.com.
- “8 Things Adult Children of Divorce Desperately Want You to Know” DivorceandChildren.com
Books for Children about Divorce
- Lansky, Vicki. It’s Not Your Fault, Koko Bear: A Read-Together Book for Parents and Young Children During Divorce. The Book Peddlers, 1997.
- MacGregor, Cynthia. The Divorce Helpbook for Kids. Impact, 2001.
- Mayle, Peter, and Robins, Arthur. Why Are We Getting a Divorce? Harmony, 1988.
- Krementz, Jill. How It Feels When Parents Divorce. Knopf, 1988.
for a free consultation!