Divorce and Digital Assets
- “Digital Assets in Divorce” Mary Anne Shew on BJ Mann blog
- “What Are ‘Digital Assets’?” nolo.com
- “What Happens to our iTunes Account and Other Digital Assets If We Get Divorced?” mcilveenfamilylaw.com
- “Dividing Digital Assets in Divorce” Riemer, Jennifer M., Walzer Melcher LLP
- “Who Gets Frequent Flyer Miles in a Divorce?“
- “Divorce: Understanding Your Digital Assets” jrmgtattorneys.com
- “Beware: Disclosure of Digital Assets in New York Is Not Addressed in the 2016 Revision of the Official Form Statement of Net Worth: Part One” The focus of this article is “to discuss the potential concealment of the Bitcoin in divorce cases.”
Digital Content / Cloud Services Terms and Conditions
These may affect a divorcing couple’s ability to use, share, or redistribute purchased or uploaded digital content when dissolving a household. Please note there are many more types of digital assets and providers than shown here.
- Google Inactive Account Manager
- Apple Media Services Terms and Conditions. “Family Member changes: When a Family member leaves or is removed from the Family, the remaining Family members may no longer be able to access the former member’s Content, including Content acquired with the Organizer’s payment method.”
- Amazon Kindle e-Reader and Fire Tablet Terms
for a free consultation!